The vision for Literacy & Evangelism International was born out of the Korean mission experience of Dr. Bob Rice. While studying literacy, Dr. Rice was influenced and mentored by Frank Labauch, a pioneer in literacy mission work. Labauch endorsed Dr. Rice’s vision, stating, “The Literacy and Evangelism program is closer to the heart of God than any other…because (it can) win souls to Christ.”
Rev. Rice founded Literacy & Evangelism International in 1967 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A. and for 50 years, LEI’s unique methodology has been adapted into primers in more than 270 languages around the world. The vision of LEI has influenced the development of literacy organizations spanning the globe.
- Literacy & Evangelism International Canada
- Alfabetização e Evangelização Internacional (AEI Brazil)
- Partners in Literacy Ministry (PALM Kenya)
- Global Literacy Ministry (GLM South Korea)
- Literacy & Evangelism Ghana (L&E Ghana)